Business

3 life insurance mistakes you can easily avoid

It may be time to give your life insurance coverage a checkup.

Mistakes that financial advisors see clients make with life insurance was a common theme at the FPA Be conference in Baltimore this week.

“Insurance planning really shouldn’t get started until there’s been some financial planning,” certified financial planner John Ryan told attendees at a Thursday seminar on insurance mistakes.

Here are three missteps that can be easily avoided or fixed:

1. Not having enough insurance

Among parents with young kids, 37 percent don’t have life insurance, according to a 2015 Bankrate report. Of those who do have insurance, half have less than $100,000 in coverage.

Not having enough insurance is a common misstep, said Ryan, who is an independent insurance broker and the founder of Ryan Insurance Strategy Consultants in Greenwood Village, Colorado. But it’s an easy one to fix, and can be inexpensive thanks to low term policy rates.

Conduct a thorough analysis of your life insurance needs to make sure you have enough to cover funeral expenses and replace your income for the family, as well as cover debts like the mortgage.

“With the [term] rates today, there’s really no reason not to round up,” he said.

2. Not reviewing your medical records

It’s smart for consumers to request a copy of their medical record from their primary care physician before applying for life insurance, certified financial planner Carolyn McClanahan told attendees during a Thursday session on health planning. McClanahan, a physician, is also the director of financial planning for Life Planning Partners in Jacksonville, Florida.

Insurers will get those records, too, and use your medical history to gauge risk and determine rates, she said. There may be potentially costly mistakes in the record that should be fixed. (McClanahan said she recently found such an error on her records, ahead of applying for a new policy.)

3. Focusing on avoiding estate taxes

Having someone else (say, a spouse) own the life insurance policy on you can be smart estate planning. Because you don’t own the policy, it won’t be included in your estate when you die.

But so-called “three-corner life insurance” where the owner, insured and beneficiary are all different (say, one spouse owns the policy on the other and names the kids as beneficiaries) should be avoided, attorney Lawrence Brody told attendees during a Thursday session on insurance planning mistakes. Brody is a partner at Bryan Cave in St. Louis, Mo., specializing in estate planning.

That three-corner configuration has the effect of turning the policy proceeds into a gift from the policy owner to the beneficiary, he said. Any amount over the annual $14,000 annual gift tax exclusion would be considered a taxable gift to the owner, reducing his or her annual lifetime exclusion.

Source: CNBC

Connect Free Dating Sugar Mummy

Please Enter Your Active Email to Get Instant Reports

30 Comments

30 Comments

1. Hemaha

May 2, 2019 at 7:03 pm

Hello

2. Dak

May 2, 2019 at 7:16 pm

My name is yosef i live in ethiopia ** years old

3. Tilidongo

May 3, 2019 at 3:09 pm

Thanks

4. Saheer

May 4, 2019 at 10:50 pm

Nashinaty Nigeria state Kaduna local government sabon. Gari

5. Pablo

May 5, 2019 at 2:06 pm

Many sugar mummies are best in love afair

6. Gershom chipako

May 7, 2019 at 12:41 am

Yes everything I want you dear now you are not showing series

7. Isaac Frimpong

May 13, 2019 at 12:49 pm

Hello dear friend I am Isaac from Ghana please I need a serious relationship with a woman who is seriously prepared for marriage proposal please help me to get my heart desire to be a serious wife please call me on my cell phone ************
    What Sapp number+************

8. harisu

May 15, 2019 at 11:25 pm

my name is Harisu hw can i get your number please please

• Nadeem khan

May 29, 2019 at 10:27 am

Hi

• gaber ebrahim Mohamed hasan

July 30, 2019 at 1:12 pm

my name gaber ebrahim Mohamed hasan from egypt in Africa an Egyptian businessman my phone number + ** *********** and my Email alsahmalmntalk@*****.*** and my whattsapp + ** ***********

9. Melvin

May 17, 2019 at 1:29 am

I&#****;m Melvin here for NSA leave a message an number girl n need of a real sugar mommy or girl I aim to please I&#****;m available for u longs u can donate$$,.

• gaber ebrahim Mohamed hasan

July 30, 2019 at 1:24 pm

Dear Admin please I want real sugar mummy in any Cuntry I want to marry it.I want to marry and bond with herfor life and I will have a lot of love insaid me for her and I want to be with her all the time so I accept her as my wife. And I accept her as my lover.and to sanctify married life and be the most important thing in her life and be the only queen on the throne of my heart and I will put it in my eyes and my heart but on the bed you will be my slave because I am like a raging bull on the bed and I will vary very hot in her. and I&#****;m ready wait for you in the nearest airrport to the my house is Cairo interntional Airport in my country egypt next week and once you arrive I&#****;m free for you alone now and when it ***es to the my country egypt in short vacation one day we get married immediately and then go with you to any place you want because I do not have visa and I do not have the money and because I&#****;m poor man, and because I love honesty and heat deceit so my real name gaber ebrahim Mohamed hasan from egypt in Africa an Egyptian businessman my phone number + ** *********** and my Email alsahmalmntalk@*****.*** and my whattsapp + ** *********** l wait for you reply now

10. John balogun

May 17, 2019 at 6:09 pm

Firstly l will ***ment on the sugar mummy how was trying to steal from a super store though it very bad but lf l happened to be her sugar man l will correct her in love. Secondly Lt my ***ment on the sugar mummy who has gone mad all l k.ow is to try and blend with her showing her much care and love and to try to get medical attention lf necessary. So all what the two sugar mummy in this potrate need is love.l love the them of each post they are fantastic.

11. Patrick Corby

May 21, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Hello gorgeous I wish I could talk to you, I just wanted to tell you that your a absolute Doll! I would Love to know you better *-***-***-**** text message me or call me Anytime Love! I do believe I need a calling card. I will get in touch with you Love! XOXO

12. Darwin

May 29, 2019 at 6:42 am

Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of
    the pictures aren&#****;t loading correctly. I&#****;m
    not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I&#****;ve tried it in two different browsers and both
    show the same out***e. http://Islamicrenaissance.Co.**/the-muslim-narrative-*/

13. Ozemhoya Leonard

May 29, 2019 at 6:48 am

Sweetlove good morning, I love to be your babe, I am calm and loyal, and I have a very big **** and I ll make you OK with so much love *** is very important and sucking your Pussy is very important too mummy my love, I can&#****;t wait to be with you mummy, but not that I am a very emotional person, we need to now our self better, please WhatsApp me or call me on +*************
    Plus&#****;s two three four eight zero nine three zero nine three three seven nine. &#****;.you ll love to marry I now and I am very sure
    Faithfully Leo

• MOhamadzen

May 29, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Honesty and beyond the dedire of love and happiness
      Reach me hete at wasap +************

14. Ola

May 29, 2019 at 6:53 am

+*************

15. Ola

May 29, 2019 at 7:05 am

+***********

16. Leonard ozemhoya

May 29, 2019 at 5:57 pm

Credit Leonard PayPal
    Seezyleo*@*****.***

17. TONOUKOUIN DOSSOU Jacques

July 9, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Hello my name is Jacques TONO**OUIN DOSSOU i am interested you if you accepted to marry me.my number whatsapp is +***********

18. Zen

July 14, 2019 at 12:10 pm

19. Mohamed jlili

July 14, 2019 at 12:24 pm

Hello I&#****;m Mohamed from Tunisia **years old I search a sugar mummy to help me and help her I&#****;m strong in bed and I can get her happy

20. Saqib

July 14, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Hello
    Myself Saqib
    Living Pakistan
    Running pharmacy
    Call & whatsup +************
    NIC NUMBER *****-*******-*
    Passport number CL*******
    ***** ranasaqibmuneer@*****.***

21. gaber ebrahim Mohamed hasan

July 14, 2019 at 12:44 pm

Dear my future love and future wife Sweetheart Lucy after what I saw your picture and read your profile you are very very beautiful really so I have a lot of love insaid me for you and I want to be with you all the time so I want to marry and bond with you for life and I am ready for you now as a good hasband or as a good lover and to sanctify married life and be the most important thing in her life and be the only queen on the throne of my heart and I will put it in my eyes and my heart but on the bed you will be my slave because I am like a raging bull on the bed and I&#****;m a break boul in the bed and I&#****;m very very hot in you and very very interested you and I&#****;m ready wait for you in the nearest airrport to the my house is Cairo interntional Airport in my country egypt next week and once you arrive I&#****;m free for you alone now and when it ***es to the my country egypt in short vacation one day we get married immediately and then go with you to any place you want because I do not have the money to go now and my real name gaber ebrahim Mohamed hasan from egypt an Egyptian businessman my phone number + ** *********** and my Email alsahmalmntalk@*****.*** and my Facebook Gaberelzenbaeey@*****.*** and my whattsapp + ** *********** my love I wait for you reply now because I love you so much

22. Ram Bdr Regmi

July 14, 2019 at 12:50 pm

Hi sweetheart iam from Nepal. Iam interested in sugary mummy please contact me on my mobile number and e-mail +************* or e-mail rambdrregmi**@*****.***

23. Ram Bahadur Regmi

July 14, 2019 at 12:54 pm

Hi sweetheart iam from Nepal Please contact me +************* or e-mail rambdrregmi**@*****.***

• Ram Bahadur Regmi

July 30, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Hi dear I need sugar mummy for love affair.contact me

24. Zen